{{#header_override}} {{{header_override}}} {{/header_override}} {{^header_override}}
{{frontend_display_name}}
{{/header_override}}
Subscribe
{{^corporate_only}}
{{#facebook}}
{{/facebook}} {{#twitter}}
{{/twitter}} {{#instagram}}
{{/instagram}}
{{/corporate_only}}
{{#categories}}
{{name}}
{{/categories}}
Tags
Jobs
Shop
Sponsored Content
Support Us
Home
About us
All sites
Advertise with us
Contact us
Terms of use
Privacy policy
Code of ethics
Site Map
© {{current_year}} Cantata Media
Find Your Daily Voice
GO
Westminster, MD
Breaking News
‘Most Wanted’ Duo With 31 Warrants Busted After Bold Theft Spree In Westminster: Police
They weren’t just wanted — they were wanted everywhere. Two Maryland men with 31 active arrest warrants between them were finally caught after a brazen theft spree that saw them ransack a Target and nearly strike pedestrians while fleeing a Walmart in Carroll County, police in Westminster said. Laron L. Colbert, 43, of Arnold, and Daniel O. Corona, 41, of Dundalk, were arrested this week after Westminster Police say they tried pulling off a daylight smash-and-grab at Target on Malcolm Drive — then nearly pulled off a second heist minutes later at the nearby Walmart on Woodward Road. Around…
Suffern, NY
Breaking News
Suspect Breaks Into Car At Walmart In Front Of Ramapo Police Station: 'Not Brightest Move'
Authorities were left scratching their heads after a suspect allegedly broke into a car in the parking lot of a Rockland County Walmart and then ran toward the police station across the street. The break-in happened on Tuesday afternoon, May 27 at the Walmart at 250 Route 59 in Suffern, directly across the street from the Ramapo Police station, the department announced on Tuesday at around 4:20 p.m. According to police, the suspect not only chose a high-visibility location during shift change but also reportedly ran toward the Ramapo Police Department building during the in…
Saratoga Springs, NY
On Your Side
Major Job Cuts Coming At Walmart: 1,500 Corporate Roles Slashed
Walmart is set to cut about 1,500 corporate jobs across the United States as part of a strategic restructuring effort, according to a new report. The move is aimed at reducing expenses and streamlining decision-making processes, The Wall Street Journal says. The decision, which was announced last week, is not tied to President Donald Trump's tariff policies, a Walmart spokesperson told the outlet. The layoffs will primarily affect teams within global technology operations, US e-commerce fulfillment, and the Walmart Connect division. Earlier report - Walmart Raising Prices Due To Tr…
Arlington, VA
On Your Side
Trump Reignites Trade War With EU, Threatens Apple With iPhone Tariffs
President Donald Trump issued new tariff threats against the European Union and Apple, relaunching trade feuds that have shaken the US economy throughout 2025. Trump threatened the EU with a 50% tariff in a post on his social media platform Truth Social on Friday, May 23. He claimed the higher duties would go into effect on Sunday, June 1. The President accused the EU of being "difficult to deal with" in trade negotiations. "Our discussions with them are going nowhere!" Trump posted. "Therefore, I am recommending a straight 50% Tariff on the European Union, starting on June 1, 2025. There …
South Windsor, CT
On Your Side
Target Sales Slump Amid Boycotts Over DEI Policy Changes, Trump's Tariffs Raising Some Prices
Target's sales have fallen through the start of 2025 amid President Donald Trump's sweeping tariffs, falling consumer confidence, and boycotts over the retailer's diversity program rollback. Target reported that net sales dropped 2.8% in the first quarter of 2025 compared to the prior year. Despite digital sales rising 4.7%, in-store sales plummeted 5.7%, causing total transactions to fall 2.4%. Chief financial officer Jim Lee said Target is expecting similar sales drops throughout 2025. "For the full year, we believe it's prudent to plan for a low single-digit decline in our sales, i…
Valley Stream, NY
Breaking News
Queens Man With Stolen Moped, ICE Warrant Busted Stealing From Valley Stream Walmart: Police
A Queens man riding a stolen moped was caught shoplifting from Walmart in Valley Stream — and was later handed over to immigration agents due to an outstanding warrant, Nassau County police announced on Sunday, May 18. Kelvin Betancourt Guerrero, 23, of Jamaica Avenue, slipped merchandise into a bag at the Green Acres Mall Walmart and passed all points of purchase without paying around 3:22 p.m. on Saturday, May 17, according to the Fifth Squad. Loss Prevention officers confronted him outside the store and responding police placed him under arrest without incident, authorities said. But th…
Fairfield, CT
On Your Side
Trump Tells Walmart to ‘Eat the Tariffs’ After CEO Says Price Hike Coming
Two days after America’s largest retailer, Walmart, said it would raise prices to cover the cost of President Donald Trump’s tariffs, the president responded with a three-word retort: “Eat the tariffs.” In an earnings call on Thursday, May 15, Walmart CEO Doug McMillon told investors that the company would likely need to increase prices on groceries and general merchandise, despite a 2.5 percent increase in first-quarter earnings for 2025. “We will do our best to keep our prices as low as possible,” he said, according to MarketWatch. “But given the magnitude of the tariffs, even at the redu…
National Interest
The Sizzle Starts Now: Memorial Day Weekend Heats Up Grilling Season
Across the United States, Memorial Day Weekend means one thing: It's time to fire up the grill. For many Americans, the grill is more than just a cooking tool. It’s the centerpiece of the season. According to the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association, more than 70% of U.S. adults own a grill or smoker, and Memorial Day is one of the top grilling holidays of the year. It’s also big business. It has been estimated that Americans spend more than $6.1 billion annually on grills and accessories, with retailers like Home Depot, Lowe’s, Walmart, and Amazon offering everything fro…
Norwich, CT
Breaking News
Man Caught Using Recording Device In Women’s Restroom At Norwich Walmart: Cops
A man who police say hid a recording device in the women's restroom at a Connecticut Walmart was arrested after he ran from the store when someone called police. Grayson S. Weir, 21, is accused of hiding the recording device at the retail store at 220 Salem Turnpike in Norwich on Monday, May 12, police said. A store manager contacted police after confronting him in the women's bathroom. Weir ran out of the store and sped away in his car before officers arrived, but employees provided a detailed description of the vehicle and suspect, Norwich police said. Detectives t…
Hartford, CT
On Your Side
Walmart Raising Prices Due To Trump's Tariffs, CEO Says: Here's What's More Expensive
Executives at Walmart are warning that the retail giant will raise prices on many everyday items due to President Donald Trump's sweeping tariffs. Walmart will hike the costs of many grocery items and general merchandise, CEO Doug McMillon said during an earnings call on Thursday, May 15. The announcement comes as Walmart's revenue rose 2.5% in the first quarter of 2025. McMillon said the chain can't swallow the greater costs caused by Trump's tariffs. "We're positioned to manage the cost pressure from tariffs as well or better than anyone, but even at the reduced levels, the hig…
Bellport-Brookhaven-East Patchogue, NY
Breaking News
Ex-Con Shot Relative Outside Bar In Mount Sinai, Jury Finds
A convicted felon could face decades behind bars after a jury found him guilty of shooting a relative during a late-night argument outside a Long Island billiards bar. Jonathan Redar, 33, of Miller Place, was convicted of assault and related charges by a Suffolk County jury on Thursday, May 8. The incident unfolded just after 2 a.m. on May 7, 2024, in the parking lot of a Mount Sinai bar, where Redar and a relative got into an argument. Redar pulled out a gun and fired a single shot at the victim while bystanders stood nearby, prosecutors said. The bullet tore through the victim’s left for…
National Interest
Portable Chargers Spark Several Fires, Prompting Massive Recall
A recall was issued for a popular high-capacity phone charger sold on Amazon and other major retailers after dozens of alarming battery incidents, including some chargers that caught fire. About 55,380 Baseus 65-watt portable chargers have been recalled, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said on Thursday, May 1. The lithium-ion batteries in the chargers can overheat, posing a fire risk. According to the CPSC, Baseus has received 76 reports of overheating, including 72 cases of the battery bulging. The issue has sparked four fires, three of which caused property damage. …
Next Page
Archive